Your Career Advisor
While you were in primary school you had access to a guidance counsellor to help you make some of the big decisions about your next academic steps. Then when you went to college you had access to an academic or co-op advisor while you prepared for the working world. Now that you've graduated, you may be missing the support you once had to ask questions and seek guidance around your career path. Your Career Advisor sessions are available to do just that. These 20-minute sessions are available to anyone, at any phase of their career, who is looking for help navigating their career or job search.
Session focus can include (but is not limited to): material review (resume, cover letter, LinkedIn profile), interview prep, decision support, preparing for salary discussions, preparing for performance reviews, job application guidance, etc.
- Each session is 20 minutes long
- Phone or virtual 1:1 coaching
- Cost $40 per session
You have been feeling less motivated and inspired at work lately and have thought about leaving your job for a while but there are a lot of unknowns and change is scary. You also know you have a lot to give and you're ready to do something that you feel passionate about and that has a positive impact on the world around you. You're looking for dedicated guidance to keep you accountable and ensure you're successful.
If this sounds familiar, 1:1 coaching is for you. You'll meet one-on-one with Lisa to work through any blocks you're experiencing, to dig deeper, and to be held accountable. You'll have a personal cheerleader and someone to guide, challenge and support you through the career transition. Just as an elite athlete has a dedicated athletic coach, you will now have a dedicated career coach.
There are 3 main areas of focus for 1:1 Coaching:
- Career Discovery: You think you'd like to do something else but you're not sure what. This work centers around understanding yourself and your career goals better and matching it with a career that will allow you to be your best self at work. Includes exercises and assessments to create your career purpose statement and action plan to move forward.
- Job Search Strategy: You know what your next career move is but you're experiencing challenges to make it a reality. We will work together to understand what the hiring managers for the jobs you're applying for want and use current best practices to create a holistic strategy to help you land the interview.
- Personal Branding: Your resume, cover letter, and LinkedIn profile haven't been updated in ages. You need some guidance on current formats and best practices to help you get noticed. Work also includes creating your unique message, increasing self-confidence, and tips for communicating your message to the people that matter.
- Average of 3 sessions per focus area; customizable based on your time-frame, budget, and end goals
- Each session is 50 mins in length
- Phone or virtual 1:1 coaching
- Personalized to your needs
- Cost: Starting at $600
The Career Builder's Podcast
Looking for free advice on how to grow your career and be successful at work?
Fellow coach Mike Bird and I have created a weekly show where we tackle the career topics that are important to you. Discussion topics include: interviews, creating success at work, LinkedIn, growing your career, and much more. You'll get advice and tips for getting the most out of your career as well as interviews with experts in the field.