Discover The Work You Are Meant To Do
Don't know what to do next in your career?
Get clarity with the Extraordinary Career Collective - Discovery Program.
This 6 week program is designed to help you find clarity and direction in your career journey. The next group starts Fall 2023.
This program is perfect if you want to:
It's time to find work that lights you up, and pursue that relentlessly.
Discover a career that uses your unique talents and mix of experience to positively impact your little (or big!) slice of the world, and in doing so also make yourself and those around you happier and more fulfilled.
In this program, you will join a supportive community of like-minded individuals and work with a professional career coach to:
- Assess your strengths, skills, and interests and solve your unique Career Puzzle - uncovering the pieces that lead to a fulfilling career
- Explore different roles and industries that you might not have thought of
- Create a list of your non-negotiables that will guide your decisions - this means factoring in lifestyle, salary expectations, and other real life factors
- Clarify your career goals and develop a personalized plan to reach them
- Build your confidence and understand your personal brand
- Meet with others in a similar phase and share insight and experiences
With a combination of group sessions and one-on-one coaching, you will have the opportunity to ask questions, share experiences, and learn from others in the group.
- Six 75-minute small group coaching calls - 6 people max. - allowing community building and a collaborative environment.
- Two 15-minute 1:1 calls: one pre- and one post-program call with Career Coach Lisa Plain.
- Two 30-minute 1:1 sessions to explore individual topics with Lisa.
- Approximately 3 hours worth of personal and career discovery exercises and assessments to complete between sessions, making group discussions efficient and insight-focused.
- An online library of resources available with articles, planning tools, and templates to help you make your career change a reality.
- An easy to use and secure app and online community to keep the conversation going and see all your documents in one place.
- Virtual group sessions over Zoom that you can do from anywhere.
- Investment: Substantially lower cost than 1:1 coaching with loads of benefits. $549 CAD + HST
Session 1: Introduction and setting the foundation for the work to come
Session 2: Self-Discovery
Session 3: Career Review
Session 4: Role and Industry Exploration
Session 5: Research work sprint* and Q&A
Session 6: Decision making and action planning
*A work sprint is when a group comes together to work on individual tasks but in a group environment for support and accountability
Why Work with Lisa?
- Lisa has worked with 100s of career changing clients from a variety of roles, industries, and geographic locations.
- Industries: Tech, Media, Advertising, Sales, Financial Services, Science, Healthcare, Skilled Trades, Fine Arts, and many more.
- Role Titles: Analyst, Consultant, Senior Manager, Director, Operations Manager, Vice President, COO, Founder, and many more.
- Locations: Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary, New Brunswick, Silicon Valley in San Francisco, New York, New Orleans, Trinidad & Tobago, Berlin, and many more.
- She held 20+ jobs before becoming a career coach, and her personal experience working with many different companies and industries has given her a unique view of what roles are out there.
- Trained as a Life and Career Coach, she knows how important the intersection of our personal and professional lives is and how that impacts our careers.
- Certified Professional Coach and Accredited through the International Coach Federation.
- Holds an MBA and was previously certified as a CPA adding both a strategic and analytical perspective to her approach.
I felt stuck and unhappy in my recent career/job choices. I needed coaching/guidance/structure to move forward with career decisions. It helped give me the courage to resign from my current role. I also enjoyed getting feedback from Lisa and others in the group. Change in mindset from fixed to growth.-ANON
Career Balance Coaching helped me diagnose what was going wrong with my current role and understand my values and what I'm looking for in the future. It also helped me think outside the conventional industries and jobs I was imagining for when I move to my next position. It was also interesting to see others in a similar situation.-ROBBIE
Lisa is a genuine coach that organizes a thoughtful program to help you through your journey. I feel I have fresh and open mindset after completing the career discovery program. I think the main result was allowing myself to start to think outside of the box and things I haven’t considered. My main benefit would be learning a little more about myself.-ANON
I was struggling with my confidence and professional presence but hadn't yet realized it was due to an imperfect fit between my skills and ambitions and the organization I was working for. Lisa helped me think strategically about the next step in my career and gave me the courage to make a transition. I gained more insight into my purpose and my long-term career goals.-ANON